Friday 21 January 2011

Evaluation - Question Two

How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?

I believed that for my main product to work well with my film poster and magazine front cover, it was important for there to be clear continuity between all three.
To create this sense of continuity, i used a similar font for the movie title across all three of my products. I also used the same colour for the name of the film.

Magazine:



Film Poster:



Teaser Trailer:





This means that the audience is more likely to remember the name of the film. By doing this, the three different media texts promote my film and each other. So, in this respect, i believe that the combination of my main task and my ancillary texts was very successful.

I also used the same girl on my magazine front cover as i used for my film poster and appears in my trailer. She is in character, which would mean even if someone did not know the name of my film, they would recognise the character and this would help promotion for the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment