Friday 8 October 2010

Audience Research.

To conduct my audience research, I used google documents.
To use google documents, you create an online survey, that looks like this.
I sent it out to people via Facebook messages, and all they had to do was click the link and my results appeared in a spreadsheet.
I then put all my data into charts so i could analyse it.


Are you male or female?
From this i can see that I will mostly be targeting females in my audience.

How old are you?The biggest percentage of my audience are either 17 or 18 years old, suggesting that is the age range I should target my film at.

What is your favourite genre of film?
As it is clear from the chart, comedy and romcom were the preferred genre of my audience. So i will have to incoperate aspects of these genre into my film. The least preferred genre was horror, so i will not put aspects of this into my products.

What do you think makes a good teaser trailer?

The people who i asked thought that the use of music and keeping the plot hidden, so in my teaser trailer i would make sure i used appropriate music and did not give away too much of the plot.


Do you read film magazines?

This tells me that my audience are not likely to look at a film magazine so i should use a different type of magazine to promote my film. The few people that did read film magazines read Empire, so i should take aspects from Empire magazine to engage my audience.

If no, what magazines do you read?As you can see, the main genre of magazine my audience is read are music magazines, and most stated that they read music magazines such as Rocksound and Kerrang! After seeing these results i have decided i will do some research into music magazines and incoperate some techniques used by them into my own magazine fromt cover.

What do you think makes a good film poster? My audience thought that film posters that are predominantly images and have a specific release date. So i will use these techniques on my film poster to make sure its effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment